- District lands are open during daylight hours (1½ hours before sunrise to 1½ hours after sunset) unless posted otherwise or allowed by special use authorization (SUA). No overnight parking.
- Camping is allowed on District lands at approved locations and as permitted by an SUA.
- All dogs must be on a leash, except designated dog hunting areas in wildlife management or environmental areas.
- The possession of firearms or other similar devices on District lands must comply with Chapter 790 Florida Statutes.
- Igniting fires of any type.
- Possessing and/or using alcoholic beverages or other intoxicants or illegal drugs.
- Constructing, erecting or maintaining and facility or structure of a permanent or semi-permanent nature.
- Disposing or discharging any type of waste.
- Distributing any handbill or circular; or posting, placing or erecting any bills, notices, paper signs, advertising devices or informational matter of any kind.
- Introducing or releasing any seed, plant or animal. Removing, altering, or destroying any animal, plant, soil, mineral, cultural or historic resources, or District owned facilities, vehicles or other property.
- Using all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-road, or other motorized vehicles not licensed for Florida highway use (except by SUA at Mallory Swamp).
- Scuba diving or using an underwater breathing apparatus; taking off or landing aircraft.
- Removal or disturbance of trees, plants, soil, minerals, or cultural resources is prohibited.
- Using animal traps or other similar devices except in designated wildlife management or environmental areas.
- Possession or discharging any fireworks or explosives.
For a complete list of rules, see the public use section of FAC 40B-9.
Please report all suspicious activities to the District, the local sheriff, or a wildlife officer at 888.404.3922.
Certain natural conditions, plants, or animals encountered on District lands could be dangerous. It is your responsibility to exercise reasonable caution and care in threatening situations or areas.
View a description of What to Expect on District Lands.
Notice of Statutory Limitation of Liability
Subject to the limitations therein, Section 373.1395, Florida Statutes, provides that the District owes no duty of care to keep its park areas or lands safe for entry or use by others or to give warning to persons entering areas or lands of any hazardous conditions, structures, or activities thereon.
The District does not, by providing any of its park area or land for outdoor recreational purposes, extend any assurance that such park area or land is safe for any purpose; does not incur any duty of care toward a person who goes on park area or land; and is not responsible for any injury to persons or property caused by an act or omission of a person who goes on park area or land.
Goose Pasture Campground on the Wacissa River in Jefferson County closes for camping during hunting season on November 5, 2021 and will reopen on January 24, 2022. Read On...
Mallory Swamp ATV Trail closed for hunting season on September 13, 2021 and will reopen on April 30, 2022. Read On...
Suwannee River Water Management District Land Management Staff has closed access to the McAlpin Landing Tract upon discovery of unsafe conditions on the access road. Read On...