The Suwannee River Water Management District (District) is currently accepting project proposals for the District’s Summer 2018 cycle RIVER and SPRINGS projects
- (Regional Initiative Valuing Environmental Resources) local government cost-share program
The RIVER local government cost-share program was developed to provide county governments, municipalities, water supply authorities, and other interested units of local government with an opportunity to obtain cost-share funding for projects that enhance or address the District's core mission of managing water supply, water quality, flood protection, and natural systems. Projects that are eligible for cost-share funds are those that:
- conserve our water supply,
- protect springs,
- develop alternative water supplies,
- advance aquifer recharge,
- improve water quality,
- enhance or restore natural systems,
- provide improved flood protection.
SPRINGS - The District is accepting project proposals for state springs grants. Thanks to the continuing support of Governor Scott, the Florida Legislature, and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, there is dedicated annual and multi-year funding for springs restoration and protection projects.
State springs grants may be used for:
- land acquisition or capital improvement projects that protect the quality and quantity of water that flows from springs,
- nutrient reductions/water quality improvements,
- water savings/water quantity improvements,
- recharge water flow,
- habitat protection,
- projects with in BMAP (Basin Management Action Plan).
The District is committed to assisting its stakeholders develop successful projects. Applicants are encouraged to submit project proposals as early as possible.
All final project proposals for 2019 grant opportunities should be submitted through the District’s online project portal no later than January 16, 2018.
If you have any questions please contact me at 386.362.1001 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding the District's funding initiatives and cost assistance programs, please visit the Funding Initiatives page on our website.